Ongava Pandemic Roadmap and 2022 Rates
ONGAVA HOSPITALITY REACTIVATION
15 April 2021 – Dear guests, friends, colleagues, and partners first and most importantly, the Ongava team would like to express our heartfelt gratitude for your brilliant support and encouragement through these unprecedented circumstances. We are touched and motivated by your enthusiasm and positive reinforcement for that which Ongava does and believes.
Secondly, following fourteen months of closure we are thrilled to share that we are back in business; emerging from suspension of services Ongava will be taking our first tentative steps into reactivating hospitality on Tuesday June 1st, 2021.
Whilst the pandemic remains official, Ongava hospitality services will operate in Safe Mode.
The Ongava team is closely monitoring the ongoing Covid-19 developments worldwide as the health and welfare of our guests, staff and their families will at all times continue to be our primary concern. We would like to share with you some of the additional procedures that we have implemented to give you peace of mind when returning to the Ongava Game Reserve.
We have always focused on strict sanitation procedures at all our properties, and in light of Covid-19, we are following the advice issued by local government and incorporating all updates issued by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centres for Disease Control (CDC) into our policies.
Our lodges have been designed with space and exclusivity in mind and therefore the public spaces such as the dining area allows sufficient space for social distancing and all our guests will be advised to practise safe social distancing protocols.
Our team further understand that it is crucial to take extraordinary measures to stay healthy and to respond to new requirements. Therefore, every member of the Ongava team is provided with ongoing training on sanitation and social distancing protocols with more comprehensive guidelines given to guest-facing staff and our housekeeping team.
Ongava Safe Mode
We are confronted with a radically changed landscape that requires adaptation to survive. The following will apply for the duration of Safe Mode:
- Initially Ongava Lodge and Little Ongava will welcome all guests. Anderssons at Ongava and Ongava Tented Camp closure is provisionally extended to May 31st, 2022.
- Bookings made at Anderssons and at Ongava Tented Camp will be offered to change to Ongava Lodge
- Where availability permits Guests can pay the upgrade for Little Ongava.
- Where the property rate is less then the difference will be credited.
- In instances where availability is limited, priority will be awarded to fully paid bookings.
- All Bookings that are not fully paid will revert to Provisional Status.
- To fully Confirm a booking full payment is required.
- Ongava has the right to request confirmation of an expired provisional reservation at any time. Where Ongava is able to accept another confirmed reservation, Ongava shall reserve the right to request the confirmation status of a provisional reservation. Within 48 hours of receipt of such advice from the Ongava team, please either pay in full or cancel the reservation. If no reply has been received after 48 hours Ongava has the right to release this booking.
- Full Payment deadline is 21 days prior to Check In. Bookings that are not paid at 21 days prior to Check In are automatically released.
- The normal cancellation penalties will apply and be invoiced.
- Until Safe Mode is lifted, no complimentary accommodation, no agent discounts and no Barter offsets will be accepted.
- Full Payment of your FIT published net rates prior to arrival qualify for 2,5% discount. Discounted rates do not qualify for pre-payment discount e.g. Long Stay Discount
- Distressed inventory will be managed where bookings are offered dynamic rates and capped availability. Dynamic rates have separate terms and discretionary specials. A fixed Agent commission is built-in to Ongava dynamic rates.
- Ongava is happy to waive Cancellation Penalty up to 48 hour prior to check-in at accommodation, in connection of a COVID-19 related termination, as specified in the Ongava Cancellation Policy. The guest(s) in question will need to provide reasonable support for the failure to travel.
- Please refer to Ongava General Information Manual and the Ongava Cancellation Policy for full information at this link.
- No Shows are charged in full, irrespective of any circumstances.
- Travel Insurance is a condition for booking Ongava, for your peace of mind ensure that you are insured for COVID-19 and related issues, both health and travel insurance, no exceptions will be entertained or granted.
As always, and particularly during the pandemic we encourage responsible behaviour – regardless of vaccine status no person is 100% immune to COVID-19. Ongava is intolerant of transgressors that pose a hazard to fellow travellers, guides, pilots, hospitality and game reserve staff.
We are excited to warmly welcome you back to the Ongava Game Reserve. If you have any questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the reservations team.